bless you if you can admit your favorite character has flaws.
Hi, I'm Bethan (she/her pronouns) and I'm 14. Far too obsessed with various TV shows, musicals, books and movies. Welcome to the rather messy inside of my head which is full of fandoms, bad jokes and righteous indignation at the state of the world. Enjoy your stay! (Icon by apollocomic)
Fuck Percy! He was an asshole. #WeasleyIsOurKing
lmao wrong fandom sweetie
Percy was pompous, but he came to fight with his family in the end. Not only that, but Percy just chose the wrong side and had a different view from his family- much like Sirius Black.
It was Arthur who said the ministry was using Percy, and how do you think it makes a person feel when their own parents don’t think they get to a certain point based on their own abilities?
It was also Arthur who told him to leave, instead of trying to understand his son.
Percy was an ass, but then again, you can say that about Arthur too- who is supposedly one of the nicest dudes.
l m a o w r o n g f a n d o m s w e e t i ea glorious but stressful day for the pjo fandom
YES. I’m tired of all of you pretentious assholes saying that I’m not “really reading” because I use a kindle.
Yes, you are reading.You are just reading a “lesser” form of book. Reading isn’t just reading the words on a page/screen, it’s smelling the book, new or old, it’s wearing the books spine out after rereading it for the X’th time, it’s leaving crease marks on a page you flipped too fast because you were that eager to get to the next page, and most of all, it’s losing yourself in a book to the point where the world around you no longer exists. And I, for one, cannot lose myself in an electronic screen. The words of a real book take on a depth that cannot ever be recreated on anything electronic. So you may be reading a book, but you will never truly experience a book unless you read it in a printed medium.
lol this pretentious bullshit. “The words of a real book take on a depth that cannot ever be recreated on anything electronic.” i mean really. anyway, the words of your reblog have no depth or meaning to me since i’m reading them in electronic form, but u tried it
Wow the judgement these days. Everyone is their own person. Just let them be and mind your own business.
you made a 10 minute video criticizing girls choices
- cosette was adopted first, but she’s younger, and so when enjolras joined the valjean/fauchelevent family, he was met by a hulking giant of a man who was covered in tattoos and wearing a leather jacket and this little nine year old girl with pigtails and a hot pink tutu who tugged him down so that she could whisper “papa may look tough, but he’s really just a teeny little bunny rabbit inside and you shouldn’t be afraid” into his ear
- enjolras would Heck You Up if you ever dared to harass cosette in high school— not physically, but he’d give you such a tongue-lashing that you’d wish he had just punched you in the face and gotten it over with
- they’ve were dubbed “The Scary Hot Blonde Siblings Of Doom” by the entire school
- cosette is just as fiercely protective of her older brother as he is of her
- sometimes cosette will just go and stay in enjolras’s dorm for the night and at first everyone thinks that she’s his girlfriend and they’re like “good going, dude!” and enjolras just starts carrying a sign around that says “she’s my sister” like in this gif and then lectures them on how even if he wasn’t gay and he was dating a girl, it wasn’t like he had scored some kind of goal or something, she was a person and not an object
- they have matching "feminism is the radical notion that women are people" shirts (cosette’s is a tank top, enjolras’s is a t-shirt)
- cosette is scarily good about getting him to admit his feelings to her about the guys that he likes
- enjolras has a bunch of photos of the two of them just being dorky siblings hanging above his bed at uni because she is the most important person in his life and like there are photobooth strips and awkward family vacation photos and a picture of them on a rollercoaster at disneyland paris and a shot of cosette sitting on his stomach on the couch and calmly watching tv while he glared up at her (that one’s his favorite because it’s just so cosette)
Prince Enjolras blatantly having an affair with Grantaire the painters apprentice and coming to the dreary balls and dinners with paint in his hair
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, “we’ve always done it this way.”
"Come on, let’s mix it up!" The heart surgeon says.
"B-but we’ve always done it this way!" The other replies, "this is how you replace a heart valve."
"That’s the most dangerous phrase in the human language!" The first surgeon replies haughtily as he inputs a fruit loop into the patient’s heart. "This will be his valve. He will be a fruit loop in a world of Cheerios."
(taken from this post on the experiments of Harry Harlow)
This is serious business, because this is a large part of how sexism, racism, homophobia, rape culture, ethnocentrism, etc. continue to happen.
Think of it this way…
The Avengers are every person you see in high school.
The shy nerd
The asshole you just can’t hate
The hot foreign guy
The quiet guy who’s always playing guitar and probably smoking something
His bitchy/bad ass girlfriend (depending on if she likes you or not)
The emo kid that somehow gets all the chicks
And that one cheerleader that EVERYONE knows has a hard-on for the athlete